Monday, October 6, 2014

Caballero's October Currently...

Can you believe it's already the second week in October?? Wha' happened?


Hee hee hee, such a silly movie! Good times if you haven't watched it.

So, I am ready to link up with Farley for her awesome monthly teacher linky:


Listening: I took a sick day today and decided a change of scenery was in order. I've been nursing a sinus infection all weekend in my bed, so today I decided I would lie on the couch instead and just turned on the TV and tuned out...daytime TV on a Monday...don't have any good channels because we usually just watch Netflix...but E! decided to air Sex and the City from the beginning! It was like being in college all over again, except all the swear words were bleeped out and all the really naughty stuff was edited out. OMG, so 90's! The hair, the clothes, the giant cell phones/answering machines. I LOVE this show, guilty pleasure confession...

Loving: My parents are retired and split their time between here and Mexico, and I've been missing them lately. I talked to my mom on the phone this weekend and got a surge of love for the folks! I'm looking forward to the holidays so we can be together again, eating and nagging and arguing, just like family should. But also this weekend we took the girls to see their grandma (about an hour away from where we live), and it was lovely! Their aunts and uncles came by to say hello, we got FED (Mexican grandma-style), and we chilled and talked and hung out. It's that feeling of warmth and family that I've been missing lately, probably cause I'm sick, and it was very therapeutic. I feel very blessed to have my little family.

Thinking: 'Nuff said. It's a 4-day week and I missed a day already! Aaaack!

Wanting: Sigh. Just to get away and not have a schedule or chores or to-do lists, and preferably somewhere with awesome cuisine and libations (beach is optional, since I am chubby right now ;)

Needing: A pedicure. An eyebrow wax. I actually had time to shave my legs today...TMI?

Trick: Morning Meeting. Works like a charm, every time.

Well, that's it for me. Thank you for reading, and go link up with your own Currently!


Cheers,


4 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! Sinus infection, yuck! But I do love your sick day entertainment - rewatching old nostalgic shows is definitely my activity of choice when I'm not feeling well, too.

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are feeling better! I would love to hear more about your Morning Meeting!!! Please share!

    Brianne
    Hooo-Ray For Teaching

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to show some love :)