Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Last Wordless Wednesday in September!

Hi there, I remember you! I'm talking to both you the blog and you the readers: I've missed you. But I'm back again to link up with Sugar and Spice for Wordless Wednesday:


First, my week thus far:

(do you ever feel this way? Full-on survival mode in September)

Also,


AND no specials on Wednesdays...but...BUT...BEST. DAY. EVER. so far this year!



(don't I look quite fetching in my high heels?)

My students are great. They are great kids and great students, and I am blessed to be their teacher. They are the only sane part of my day, and no specials means I get to spend the whole day with them. Laughing, learning, creating, collaborating, sharing, singing, playing, and growing. I'm growing with them too as a teacher and as a mom and as a human being. 

So, I went from no words, to a few words, to lots of words, sorry.

But, life is pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good, actually.

Enjoy your Wednesday!








10 comments:

  1. Reading your post today was a pleasure, so don't apologize for using too many words! That picture of you is so cute. When I first read "no special", I had a kind of horrified feeling. Then, when I read about how much you enjoyed the extra time with the kids I thought a no-special day might be kind of nice. Less hectic. Thanks for helping revise my point of view! Have a great week.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks for stopping by! I used to dread no specials, but after today I think I will look forward to it! They were awesome and focused and productive because no interruptions :)

      Delete
  2. Love the portrait of you! Sooo adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Full disclosure: I never wear heels to work (you know that, Anne) so this little girl asked me if I ever wear heels out to a party and I said yes, sometimes! LOL warms my heart :)

      Delete
  3. Love that you love your students and see their greatness and feel blessed to be with them. Because of all that--they are blessed to have you!!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your post and pics! My fave part was when you said "But, life is pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good, actually," at the end. SO POSITIVE and inspirational. Thanks so much for sharing!
    -Lindsey
    It's Elementary, My Dear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thank you for your words, Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also feel like I'm in survival mode. I love the picture your student drew. So cute!
    Love Teaching Kids

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to show some love :)