Monday, September 1, 2014

Currently in September...

Can you believe it is September already? What happened? Yikes, August you snuck out when I wasn't looking!

A new month means it's time for Farley's Currently linky! Here are the (very fair, very simple) rules:



And now without further ado, here is yours truly's Currently:


Listening: so there's these weird "epic" music mixes that people have made and uploaded to Youtube, and they have music from the soundtracks of movies like Avatar and Lord of the Rings, etc. I've gotten used to having it on it the background and zoning out while we work! It's pretty funny, but totally gets you in the zone.

Loving: No kids for the weekend + extra long holiday weekend = time to clean every room with no one to make a mess as soon as you have finished picking everything up! #winning

Thinking: So in addition to the lesson plans that I will get to some time tonight I have made usernames and passwords for my students to log on to the websites that our district has purchased licenses for; updated my district webpage that is not even linked to my class for some reason; signed up for  a PD session for MyOn, read through my contract that we will be voting to ratify tomorrow (woot!), wrote my professional goals to submit to my principal (jealous? yes, you should be), thought about the presentation that I need to create for Parent Orientation night on Thursday, and generally freaked out a little at the thought that there are not enough hours in the day.

I'm telling you,

Wanting: this is why I would want an extra day this weekend! I got so much accomplished with one extra day, just imagine what I could do with 2!

Needing: I've gone soft, like Rocky after he beat Apollo Creed and rested on his championship title and shifted his focus to the car dealership. I've been putting out fires and trying to keep my head above water since last May when I found out I was being moved to a new school. I need to get back in the gym if I'm going to face Mr. T this fall--my prediction? PAIN.

3 Trips: Hawaii is my dream destination. I want to see volcanoes and lush tropical forests. I want to enjoy pristine beaches and swim in salt water. I want to eat roast pig and pineapple everything!

France, of course, ever since I took French in high school and couldn't afford the summer trip with my class. I want to see monuments and museums but also eat at a sidewalk cafe and walk around the Champs-Elysee! I want to be a tourist in France, s'il vous plait.

California wine country-Napa, Sonoma, go up to Oregon for pinot noir. Yes, please. Two, please.

That's it for my currently! Please go visit Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade to read other teachers' thoughts and share your own. As always, I love the comments you leave me!


8 comments:

  1. Hahaha! I LOVE your Rocky reference! With 2 older brothers growing up, I can recite my fair share of Rocky lines! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so quotable?? It's not about how hard you can hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and still keep moving forward!

      Delete
  2. I completely agree with you - there is never enough time! This is my first year teaching so I am really going to have to prioritize :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always one more thing to do, just set a time limit and walk away when time is up!

      Delete
  3. I am jealous of your clean apartment! I am on the same page as you with the number of things that need to be done. And agree we need an extra extra day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you on the long list of things to do. I actually did some work (the AIMS Web stuff I had to do, but nothing for the grad school class I'm teaching :-( That means that I"ll be putting in long hours tomorrow and hopefully Wed, if I can work around curriculum night!
    Have a great week and I"ll see you tomorrow for the vote!
    (And I will be contacting you for union questions for sure!!!)
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so busy I forgot to watch the saved by the bell movie! Oh well hope you found the time to watch it :) and remember, a jigsaw activity is your friend when teaching grad students...

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by to show some love :)