Monday, September 1, 2014

Big Time Literacy Letters

Even though it is not Sunday morning, I am still going to link up with my friend Michelle over at Big Time Literacy for her semi-weekly letter-writing partay!






Dear Blog,

I have been neglecting you for the last week or so. I have loved you from the moment that I created you, but lately there are just not enough minutes in my day to eat lunch, hydrate, or visit you. I am very sorry for ignoring you. You have been very kind to me as summer came to an end, and I know that you will continue to encourage me to post as we ease into Fall. You are so patient with me.

Thank you,
Your Frazzled Creator



Dear New Classroom,

I know I told you that you would be ready to host people last week, and I know that I lied. I didn't mean to, I fully intended to finish dressing you when I said that. This Thursday is parent orientation night, so you will definitely be ready to greet everyone as of Wednesday night. I promise. And I mean it this time.

Respectfully,
Your Busy Designer




Dear Classroom Twitter Account,

I know we just met, but I feel like I've known you for years! It's because I had such a good relationship with your sister, Personal Twitter Account. Lately she and I have not had time to get together, but I know she remembers me. I am more concerned with you and I getting this relationship off the ground. I think I've tweeted 2 or 3 times, but the powers that be expect us to spend more time together. I look forward to working with you and meeting your Tweeps!

Sincerely,
@pershingprimero


Dear Tentative Agreement,

I was excited to read you this weekend and note that we were able to get a raise after all! I hope that at tomorrow's meeting the members all vote to ratify you, because Mama's gotta pay her September rent! I know that employers don't just hand out contracts out of the kindness of their hearts, and I know that you are the result of countless hours of work and time away from loved ones. Thank you for coming into my life.

Love,
A Proud Union Member


Dear Week Ahead,

I'm coming for you, whether you want to or not!

Cheers,
Weekend Me



Haha well, that was super-fun and much easier than I thought it would be! Kudos to Michelle again for hosting and for encouraging the curation of this little corner of the blogging world.


Cheers,

7 comments:

  1. Very fun to read! Twitter...I will be watching you to see what happens. I have a personal account, but rarely visit. Maybe I should?
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Twitter is another time sucker like pinterest! It's great to follow other teachers and ed people though, and I even get my news from there- no need for TV...

      Delete
  2. Crazy cute letters! I'm just learning the ins and outs of Twitter. I started an account for Literacy Loving Gals. I'm going to start following you!! ;)
    Literacy Loving Gals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Just realized that I am, indeed, ALREADY following you! Silly me. :)

      Delete
    2. Yes you are! See now I gotta tweet stuff so you don't forget that you are following me! Haha thanks for stopping by ;)

      Delete
  3. This was such a fun blog post to read! I've never opened a Twitter account. No Facebook either. I'm so out of the social media loop! :)
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, next up: Instagram. I just don't take enough pictures (ever) so I'm trying to get into the habit of doing that first...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to show some love :)