Saturday, August 2, 2014

August Currently...

Good morning everyone! It is a beautiful Saturday morning so far here in the Chi, and it feels like it's going to be a scorcher later...but it IS August already, so I suppose that's ok.

I'm linking up with Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for her Currently linky party:


*Listening: Don't you love it when the house is quiet early in the morning and you can have a moment with your thoughts? I am learning to cherish these now that the summer is winding down and my mind will be filled once again with common core, literacy, and classroom management ideas

*Loving: Coffee and cheese is a big thing in Europe and Latin America (think- cheese pastries, cheese platters, espresso, café de olla, etc.) so lately I have been having my own little slice of Brazil by enjoying my morning coffee with a little piece of cheese :) Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

*Thinking: Yes, it is rapidly approaching and I have approximately 4.5 million things to do to get ready. We are finally being allowed into the building starting this Monday (one week later than I had planned). I will be there everyday sorting through boxes that (hopefully) were sent from my old school and decorating our happy first grade classroom!

*Wanting: I didn't really GO anywhere this summer, just kind of relaxed around here...I want to get a way a little before I get sucked into the school existence/survival mode again. Labor Day weekend is the deadline.

*Needing: A haircut, a pedicure, eyebrow wax, new work outfits! I did start going to the chiropractor again after my facial-gone-stiff neck-episode (as mentioned here), so I hope to get back into that routine. A weekly adjustment and medical massage? Yes, please. Two, please.

What is your personal maintenance/upkeep ritual during the school year? I would love to hear all about it!

Cheers,

4 comments:

  1. You are too funny with your "personal maintenance" ritual =]...I too am in DESPERATE need of some upkeep...my hair hasn't been cut since last August (hangs head in shame). Good luck next week with unpacking all your boxes and setting up a brand new classroom! How exciting...and exhausting... ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! It's nice to find another Midwest blogger. Though I must admit you are in a much cooler city than I am. Ha ha

    Upkeep... Me three. I better get in that this weekend. I start back on Monday. Yikes.
    Mels
    Msk1ell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I just got a haircut, but I'm on the same page as you needing a pedicure, eyebrow wax and new work outfits. I'll take a massage, too! ;) See you at the Institute Day on Aug. 15!
    Literacy Loving Gals

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally want to get some back to school clothes! and a main-pedi....my nails are in bad shape. Was going to do that today, but decided to go to office max instead for the 10 cent composition notebooks. I could only get three. boooo you office max! Anyways,enjoy your last week off!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to show some love :)