Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Thinking About Back-to-School (in July)

Good morning, and welcome back to me and to you! I've been gone for a week or so, still reading fantastic blog posts from fantastic teachers but too busy to post my own. Today I am linking up with Michelle at BigTime Literacy for the July blogging challenge.
Even though I'm not blogging every day (and therefore have FAILED the challenge), I love that I get to reflect on my teaching through these occasional posts and through reading all of yours! This week I'm thinking more and more about going back to school on August 15...the countdown begins...

I had the pleasure of attending a fantastic PD by the very talented Lindsey Lahr, who is a former Science teacher and instructional coach in my district.  She is also an ed-tech guru and she taught me how to unlock Pages for creating awesome teacher-made resources! I know a lot of TPT products use PowerPoint, but Pages has lots of cool features too. Here is an example of a very quick "About Me" page that I made:
I'm thinking of sprucing this up to post on my district class page and maybe hand out to parents on curriculum night...or maybe I should make a brochure instead. Anyway, as my friend Mo pointed out--we are exactly 5 weeks away from going back to school, and I am already starting to plan for the craziness. I feel like I blinked and the first 5 weeks went by, another blink and I will have some yummy little first-graders in my room all set to learn! So exciting!

Thanks for reading, and any and all comments are appreciated!





2 comments:

  1. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting for you to post so I'm so glad you're back today! :-)
    Also, you totally did not fail the challenge - you created a blog and you're writing, and so that was the whole point! So glad I have a new blog to follow!
    Hard to believe that school is only 5 weeks away! I have so much to do still!
    Michelle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. Darn! I'm sorry I missed the Pages PD. I wanted to attend, but wasn't able to on that particular day. Maybe I'll learn some tips about the Pages program from you and your posts. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to show some love :)