Friday, July 4, 2014

5 Randoms for Friday

I just got home from hanging with my boo, taking a break before we finish off the 4th at our local watering hole down the street:

1. Poor Phil's Shell Bar

I have a love/hate relationship with this place: excellent craft beer selection (I think it's like, 100 beers or something) but it smells like fried seafood grease all the time :/

2. I don't like seafood because I can't get past the smell or the rubbery texture going on, even though I remember I loved shrimp when I was little...eeewwww

3. We were at Rock Bottom in Orland Park earlier. It's a chain brewery, but they have excellent brews! I had a $3 saison-style house brew...you can't beat that with a stick.

4. Before that, we went to IKEA in Bolingbrook to get some home office stuff--very married-couple-ish, don't you think? I got a cute little swivel chair for my new classroom to be used during morning meeting and in our circle time. Otherwise, I plan on standing or sitting in a kids' chair during guided reading.

5. Happy 4th everyone! This year I was feeling too lazy to go to any bbq's. Instead I slept in until 10AM!! And then had a leisurely coffee and breakfast before IKEA. And it's only Friday! It felt like Sunday all day, and then I remembered the weekend is just beginning. It's like the gift that keeps on giving.

Thanks for reading, and see you Monday!
Time to link up for day 4 of #BTBC14!
Also, this is my first Doodle Bugs linky!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, today is a gift that keeps on giving! I have got to make it to IKEA someday!!!
    Alyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely will be making an IKEA visit before school starts to replace my rug.

    Your blog is adorable...love the colors! I guess we're both new at this & learning as we go!

    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were right out by me for #3! I also have to admit I have an obsession with IKEA! I love them! sounds like you had a productive day though!

    Teaching In Stride

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by to show some love :)